Training Camp COVID-19 Vaccine Event - August 12 | 11:30 a.m. - 2 p.m.
PLEASE NOTE: You must register for an appointment online before coming to the site.
Missouri Western State University - Looney Complex
4525 Downs Drive
St. Joseph, MO 64507
Enter through the west entrance, lower level. Vaccination event is in the main gym. Park in lot J.
Online registration is open.
The Pfizer vaccine will be administered.
Individuals 12 years of age and older are eligible to receive the Pfizer vaccine.
Minors must be accompanied by a parent or guardian.
Each person being vaccinated is allowed one support person. Support person must be 16 years of age or older.
Already Have an Appointment?To see appointment details or to cancel your appointment -- click here
How do I get my Second Dose?
- If you received your first dose at the Training Camp event on August 12, 2021, your second dose will need to be on or after September 2, 2021.
- Mosaic Life Care patients can schedule first and second doses by calling their primary care provider.
- You can receive your second dose by contacting pharmacies in St. Joseph with Pfizer COVID-19 Vaccine. Those pharmacies are:
- Visit MoStopsCovid.com for options on how to receive the vaccine.
Who is currently eligible to receive vaccines?
The State of Missouri has now opened vaccinations to ALL Missouri residents.
I scheduled an appointment but now need to cancel/reschedule, how do I do cancel?
Appointments can be canceled by visiting Vaccine.myMLC.com. At this time, we do not have a phone number for St. Joseph appointment cancellations.
If you have any additional questions, please email vaccine@myMLC.com.
What are the hours of the vaccine event?
This event will be from 11:30 a.m. - 2 p.m.
Do I have to schedule an appointment?
Yes, appointments are required.
I have already had COVID-19 but fall into the high-risk category, can I still receive the vaccine?
The CDC recommends that you get vaccinated even if you have already had COVID-19. While you may have some short-term antibody protection after recovering from COVID-19, it is unclear at this time how long that immunity may last.
Before registering for the COVID-19 vaccination please make sure:
- You are out of isolation per the health department’s instructions.
- Or, if you have received treatment for COVID with convalescent plasma or an antibody such as Bamlanivimab, Casiriivimab/Imdevimab, or Remdesivir, it has been 90 days since your treatment.
- You delay receiving the COVID-19 vaccine for at least 14 days after you have received any other vaccine.
How much will the vaccine cost?
The COVID-19 vaccine is free, regardless of whether you have private health insurance, are uninsured, or on Medicare. The Centers for Medicare and Medical Services (CMS), private insurers and the Health Resources and Services Administration (HRSA) have confirmed the vaccine and appointment will be free, at least throughout the pandemic.
Do I have to receive the second dose?
For the vaccine to reach maximum effectiveness, it is crucial that you receive the second dose within 21-28 days of your first dose. If you do not receive the second dose, you will not reach the approximate 95% immunity.
I have additional questions, is there someone I can contact?
Please email vaccine@myMLC.com for any additional questions.